Benalto Agricultural Society
The original society was formed in 1917, with the first fair being held in 1918. Prior to this a sports day was held in Evarts, which ran annually from 1905 until 1915. Due to the railroad being moved to North of Evarts, it was moved to Benalto in 1916. Some old timers claim there were a few bucking horses and a few horse races held along with this in 1916 but this is not known for sure.
The first full scale stampede was held in 1917 and has been held annually since. There are also some claims a few exhibits were also in the first stampede. The first registered fair under the Benalto Agricultural Society was held in 1918.
In the early days the Fair and Stampede was ran by two separate groups but held on the same day. After a few years the two groups joined together but the actual year is unknown. The founding executive,directors , member and volunteers as well as current have put countless hours into what the society and grounds is to date.
Find us on Facebook @ facebook.com/BenaltoAgSociety
Find us on Twitter @BenaltoAg
News & Updates:
- Director meeting-Every 3rd Tuesday
- Contact Lori for all Ag bookings/rentals between the hours of 9am- 9pm @ (587)877-1010.
- Please see the Booster Clubs page for train station news.
UPDATES- Check under Events
Sponsorship oppourtunities for our 99th Benalto Fair & Stampede are availble under the documents section
Free Admission Day for locals- Benalto You're Invited
Benalto Stampede Rodeo Queen Competition is now on- Sponsorship needed
Benalto Horse Show forms are now available- Sponsorship and Volunteers needed
Booster Club- Train Station Fundraiser Raffle
Community Organizations :
The Benalto Agricultural Society proudly supports the following groups.
- Shadow Riders 4-H Club, Medicine River Pony Club, Benalto Play School, Benalto School
- Benalto Booster Club, Seniors Leisure Club, Benalto & Area Rural Crime Watch Society, Benalto Elks
Benalto Agricultural Society Events:
- Pro Rodeo
- Bench Fair
- Wild Pony Races
- Junior Rodeo
- Benalto Horse Show
- Obstacle Challenge
Please click on the Events page for more information.
Facilities Available for Rental Use: (fee schedule available on the documents page)
- 1 rodeo ring with chutes (covered grandstands, announcer's stand and beer garden area)
- 3 outdoor riding rings (announcer's stand shared between 2 rings)
- Barn with 18 large box stalls.
- 1 indoor (heated in winter) riding arena
- 13 non serviced campsites
- Group Camping Area
- Camp Kitchen
- Leisure Center room bookings
- Ag Center room bookings
- Whole Grounds by the day or weekend
- Large event bookings welcome!
- Coverd winter RV storage
- Community Hall- please contact (587)877-1010
click Here for map .